We always breath easy when a wedding couple has chosen to hire an event coordinator. We kinda jump up and down and do a happy dance. Why you ask? Because coordinators rock, they keep the timeline flow fabulously and the hiccups to a minimum (and invisible to the bride). In essence, they make our jobs easier – it’s like knowing someone’s got your back.
Recently, we had the pleasure of sitting down with Mint Event Coordination & Design, and the two lovely ladies, Kerry and Sara, to discuss the flow of photography inside of working with an event coordinator. Below, they shed great insight to how their services dovetail into making fabulous pictures (among much more).
“Having a talented photographer is one of the best investments a bride can make in capturing the details and emotion of the day. As a client, the last thing you want to do is pull the photographer’s focus away from behind the lens to manage the event timeline. Ideally, you want the professionals that you hire to be able to put full attention into their area of expertise. You’ll be thrilled with the results!” – Kerry and Sara
Some of the benefits include:
- Helping design details to encapsulate your story into the wedding day
(that always creates great pictures and tells your story!)
- Making sure all the vendors know the timeline/itinerary for the day
(so we can take photos of details when we need to and it doesn’t overlap with other major wedding day events!)
- Being the main point of contact for vendors, so the bride can focus on the moment
(if there’s a concern…let’s say Aunt Jane is missing…we have our on-site problem solver!)
- Help gather family members for the formal portraits
(“Kerry, where’s Aunt Jane?” – this helps the photography flow more efficiently and quickly!)
- If the ceremony and reception locations are the same, coordinators facilitate a FAST flip
(this helps us photograph the reception atmosphere, experience and details prior to everyone being in the room and ON TIME!)
- Giving us insider information on the timing of the food to the completion of the portraits
(if the kitchen is running early, late, on-time and we need to adjust the timeline for any reason)
- Help couples on budgeting for the big picture and identify important items for their day
(which helps us create initial dialogue with our couples on what’s important and work within their budget)
Event Coordinators =
- Less Stress To Planning and Day Of
- Ability To Be In The Moment
- Secure A Great Client Experience
- Ensure Beautiful Details Are Showcased
- Timeline Reliability
Mint Event Coordination & Design offers several different packages; whether it’s Full Service and all the design/decor is handled, or Day Of, which ensures timeline and vendor seamlessness, you can’t go wrong.
Kerry, Sara – thank you for all that you do!
B + W